Skip to main content

The Dish on the Petri

In the past week, I've had the opportunity to take pictures with the great camera Petri Color 35.

It is a compact camera with a rather singular focusing system.

The viewfinder. Distance/zone-focus scale at the bottom; exposure indicator to the right.

Top: Flash socket and rewinding arm. Below you see wheels for aperture setting and shutter speed control. On the left side is the (black) wheel for focusing. The lens has no focus ring. The ring on the lens sets ASA/ISO value.

The back and bottom of the camera is removed when loading film, as on my rangefinders Fed 2 and Leica CL.

The camera having a short rest at a coffee shop in Malmo.

I've used a colour roll which is to be developed in the coming week. Exciting!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Colouring coarse

Färgläggning pågår. Colouring in progress.

Feature Future Friend

De här kamerorna kommer att läggas ut till försäljning på getOurBooks senare i år. These are some of the cameras that will be for sale at my getOurBooks Etsy site later in the year.

Digi Bewe Oh

I really like the look of the b&w pictures that I get out of the Samsung NV7 digital camera. I only use it for black & white photography since the colour pictures are very bleak. At least when compared to the ones that I get with my Fujifilm cameras. And the grains really evoke the impression of black & white film. A friend of mine documents solitary bees making homes behind this plexi glass screen. No digital tweaking was made apart from the flying bee picture. These pictures are straight out of the camera.