Skip to main content

Half and Off


Canon Demi C is a half-format viewfinder camera with exchangeable lenses - which is very rare. Now it is mine!


Exposure works in coupled manual mode as well as in flash setting (1/30th) and B(ulb) with (see below)

 manual aperture control.

 The light meter indicates if you're in the wrong. (Follow the small needle with the large one.)

----

This is a EUR 1 thriftshop find 126-camera. The 126 stands for the format of pre-loaded film cassettes - similar to the more familiar Instamatic system. The cassettes are no longer for sale, so I cut an old cassette open and loaded it myself with 35 mm film, then duct-taped it shut.

You can see the indicator window of the cassette with the "10". I cut and taped a piece of the old film and protection film to the window to stop light from exposing the new film. The sticker with "200-800" indicates that I'm using 200 ASA-film in the cassette but the camera is pre-set to expose at 800 ASA. This means I will have to tell the lab to press the film from 200 - 800 ASA when processing it.

The lens is retractable - as seen in the first picture - for better fit in a pocket. This camera is said to be the second best of the mass-produced 126 film and Instamatic cameras. This Agfamatic was produced in 1965-ish.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Colouring coarse

Färgläggning pågår. Colouring in progress.

Feature Future Friend

De här kamerorna kommer att läggas ut till försäljning på getOurBooks senare i år. These are some of the cameras that will be for sale at my getOurBooks Etsy site later in the year.

Digi Bewe Oh

I really like the look of the b&w pictures that I get out of the Samsung NV7 digital camera. I only use it for black & white photography since the colour pictures are very bleak. At least when compared to the ones that I get with my Fujifilm cameras. And the grains really evoke the impression of black & white film. A friend of mine documents solitary bees making homes behind this plexi glass screen. No digital tweaking was made apart from the flying bee picture. These pictures are straight out of the camera.