Skip to main content

QL Click Load - Through the Seasons with a Canonet


As part of my running a camera shop I had the opportunity to use a Canon Canonet QL17 GIII, which was the last generation Canonet. This camera model has fetched a good price on the second hand market and sports a great lens - f/1,7 hence the name. Suffice to say a lot of cheaper cameras in the size category are very good too. From my experience I can advice you to try for instance the Ricoh 35 models, the Konica Auto S3, the Canonet 28 and several Minolta iterations.





I used the Canonet through several seasons during the first half of 2015. It was a comfortable experience, but I realized that for my type of photographing I don't need a camera from the high-end (cost) spectrum. I manage real well with the cheaper Canonet 28 for instance, and the (defective) Minolta AL-F which succeeded the QL17 as my main camera for a long time.





'You need a ride Dad?'









Thanks for reading this post! Don't hesitate to comment, and check out my Instagram at #ourbooksmalmo. Visit my Etsy shop getOurBooks where there are cameras aplenty to choose from.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Colouring coarse

Färgläggning pågår. Colouring in progress.

Feature Future Friend

De här kamerorna kommer att läggas ut till försäljning på getOurBooks senare i år. These are some of the cameras that will be for sale at my getOurBooks Etsy site later in the year.

Great Grey

Till vänster är min flitigt använda Olympus XA - en kompakt kamera med slutarautomatik men med manuell bländare och skärpeinställning. Till höger är en raritet - en XA2 i begränsad upplaga från mitten av 80-talet. / The XA2 on the right is a collector's dream. It's a limited edition auto-exposure camera with great lens and exposure.