Skip to main content

No News News

This post is old news. You can find this information elsewhere on the internet. Here's my take on

Modding the Industar-69 to the Leica Thread Mount (LTM) system.
The lens in question was made for the Chaika camera. It does have a threaded mount identical to that of the LTM lenses. However the distance to the film plane is different so you'd be out of focus using it on a LTM camera. But if you're determined to use one of these lenses the conversion is not at all difficult, which is my intention to show with this post.
Step 1: Remove the focusing ring. It is fastened by three tiny screws on the side of the ring.
Step 2: Using your digital camera, focus to 1 meter. Identify which of the two larger screws fastened to the lens body stops it to focus to infinity. This is done by holding the focusing ring in place and turning it along with the lens helicoid starting from the 1 meter marking. To find the correct starting position you align the 1 meter marking - which is symbolized by a human portrait - with the red triangle on the lens body.

Step 3: Remove the screw in question. See below.
 Step 4: Place the teensy-weensy screws back into their holes. Turn them so that they stay in place.
 Step 5: Again, align the portrait symbol and the red triangle. Fasten the three screws. You're done!
 This has been my go-to lens for several years, mounted on my Fuji camera. The removal of the larger screw also enables you to focus as close as 15-20 cm.
  Bear in mind: This lens is now a LTM/M39 system lens but it is not coupled like the lenses especially made for the Leica thread system cameras, so focusing throught those cameras' rangefinders will not work.

Thanks for reading this post! Don't hesitate to comment or check out my Instagram at #ourbooksmalmo. Visit my Etsy shop getOurBooks where there are cameras aplenty to choose from, along with this lens!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Lomo-Modd-Orama

A Lomo Smena 8 camera with a faulty shutter. An Olympus Pen F camera. Part of a microscope adapter for the Pen. That's what I started out with. 45 minutes later I had a new lens!

Mount
The mount came off a microscope adapter. I got the adapter from my first (of two) attempts to buy an Olympus Pen F. There seem to be some unscrupolous ebay sellers around peddling useless Pens with microscope adapted prisms. Luckily - in hindsight - I got a microscope adapter with this first Pen. Which I now trashed when a Lomo Smena 8 without a future landed on my doorstep (figuratively speaking).



Conversion / Havoc

Smena
I only knew the camera as a half-frame camera [Correction - it's a full frame camera!] called Smena 8 and hadn't thought to place it in Lomography-land until I read the name Lomo on the lens when it was already modded. Unwittingly I had tread the tiles of lomo-dom twice in as many weeks, also having put two rolls through a Praktica CX-1 which appears to be Ground Zero of Lo…

Chaika Leica

Well, here's a Chaika 2M that I bought from Alex Helios via Instagram. 

It's a great full manual viewfinder half-frame camera. The wheel on the top is for shutter time selection, from B to 1/30th to 1/250th of a second. The square button on the front right of the camera is the release/exposure.

The lens mounted on the camera in the picture is not the original Industar-69. The Chaika is a rare model compact camera since the prime lens is detachable. What is more is that it has M39 screw mount. But - like with the Paxette M39 system - you can't get focus with a lens from another M39 system.

Unless you adapt the lens or - in this case - the camera (mount)!





The Chaika mount is easily detached from the body by loosening four screws. If I want to mount the Leica thread mount M39 (LTM) lenses on the Chaika - which is my goal with this mod - I have to add 1.3mm to the mount. That is what is needed to change the camera's flange focal distance (FFD) from Chaika system to LTM sys…

Yellow Tinted and Squared - Bilora Bella 44 with Rollei Dia-Positive Film

This is what came out of an outing to see what my recently aquired Bilora Bella 44 was capable. I also tried a new (to me) film.



The Bella is a 127 format camera which produces twelve 4x4 cm exposures on the 127 film. The film I tried is called Rollei Crossbird Creative, ISO/ASA 200. Under that name it is a film to be cross-processed - i e developed in colour negative chemicals even though it is a (dia) positive film. I gather that this use of the film makes the colours go all "creative".


I decided to expose it as a positive film, though - mainly since I hadn't intentionally exposed any positive film before.


Seeing the scans I can gather that the original film is a dia-positive film for tungsten light, since there is a strong yellow hue to the photographs even though they were exposed in strong (afternoon) sunlight.


I am very happy with the way the photographs turned out and can conclude that this trial run of the Bilora Bella 44 has me wanting to use it more.



Thanks for visi…