Skip to main content

My Maier Moment - Sporting a Zorkij Rangefinder

I have owned a Zorkij rangefinder camera for a while now, and finally, this past September, I had the opportunity to use it. The camera is a Soviet copy of a Leica model II I think, but is considerably heavier than the original. Vivian Maier used the model II and I understand why, because it is a small and comparably light camera.
  This time I used my 50 mm Canon f/1,8 lens. It's a lens with some fogging to an internal glass element. This time there was no bright sun, so the fogging haven't affected the images which it otherwise would have - adding a glow to strongly lit details, for instance.
  The film is a Rollei Retro 400S developed by the book by a friendly lab in Gothenburg.
There was a market in town and I managed to sneak some photographs before they'd set up shop.




Later on I took a walk along the river.




Then another early morning.




Then came the rain...

Thanks for reading this post! Don't hesitate to comment or check out my Instagram at #ourbooksmalmo. Visit my Etsy shop getOurBooks where there are cameras aplenty to choose from!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Colouring coarse

Färgläggning pågår. Colouring in progress.

Feature Future Friend

De här kamerorna kommer att läggas ut till försäljning på getOurBooks senare i år. These are some of the cameras that will be for sale at my getOurBooks Etsy site later in the year.

Great Grey

Till vänster är min flitigt använda Olympus XA - en kompakt kamera med slutarautomatik men med manuell bländare och skärpeinställning. Till höger är en raritet - en XA2 i begränsad upplaga från mitten av 80-talet. / The XA2 on the right is a collector's dream. It's a limited edition auto-exposure camera with great lens and exposure.