Skip to main content

Covid Embrace - A Photograph to Be

I have a new favourite photograph. Though I have not seen it yet.

Previsualization is what photography is about. We lift the camera to our eye, compose, and snap.

That's what I did the other day. My partner and her mother gave eachother a long overdue hug (thank you Covid-19 - not). To be safe they had the seat cushions from the garden furniture shielding their faces.

This scene was both beautiful and extremely sad, for reasons you are all aware of.

I snapped a photo of their embracing. Now it's my favourite photo even though it still sits in my camera, and is yet to be developed.

The photo is now both pre- and post-visualized, I suppose, existing as a picture only in my mind's eye. Until I develop it and it enters the stage of being 'just' a photograph.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Colouring coarse

Färgläggning pågår. Colouring in progress.

Feature Future Friend

De här kamerorna kommer att läggas ut till försäljning på getOurBooks senare i år. These are some of the cameras that will be for sale at my getOurBooks Etsy site later in the year.

Digi Bewe Oh

I really like the look of the b&w pictures that I get out of the Samsung NV7 digital camera. I only use it for black & white photography since the colour pictures are very bleak. At least when compared to the ones that I get with my Fujifilm cameras. And the grains really evoke the impression of black & white film. A friend of mine documents solitary bees making homes behind this plexi glass screen. No digital tweaking was made apart from the flying bee picture. These pictures are straight out of the camera.