Skip to main content

Exposed to Winter - The Loss of Light and the Canon S90


November was GGGRREYYY. 17 hours of sun for the whole month where I live (southern Scandinavia).

December isn't much brighter. These photos are from October 'til the first week of December. I use a pocketable Canon S90 with a zoom lens. It's set @1600 ASA with autofocus. I prefer to expose with aperture priority to retain some semblance of control over depth-of-field. Which in itself is a struggle considering this camera has a tiny sensor.

 



















I helped my friend make an inventory of a rare species of beetle.





Thanks for tagging along! Don't hesitate to comment here or at my Instagram. Visit the photography shop getOBphoto that I run at Etsy.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Colouring coarse

Färgläggning pågår. Colouring in progress.

Feature Future Friend

De här kamerorna kommer att läggas ut till försäljning på getOurBooks senare i år. These are some of the cameras that will be for sale at my getOurBooks Etsy site later in the year.

Digi Bewe Oh

I really like the look of the b&w pictures that I get out of the Samsung NV7 digital camera. I only use it for black & white photography since the colour pictures are very bleak. At least when compared to the ones that I get with my Fujifilm cameras. And the grains really evoke the impression of black & white film. A friend of mine documents solitary bees making homes behind this plexi glass screen. No digital tweaking was made apart from the flying bee picture. These pictures are straight out of the camera.