Skip to main content

Me and a Miranda

I got myself a Miranda SLR a year ago. It is a functional fully manual camera which has the rather rare distinction that you can change the ordinary prism viewfinder for a waist-level one. I also found out that I at a good price could get an adapter to use my M42 mount lenses on it.

I mostly use a Helios model 44 58 mm lens on it, and have taken some pictures with ND filters too.

The lens is a favourite. It was made in the former Soviet Union and came as a kit lens for Zenit 3 and 3M cameras. Zenit sold a lot of cameras in Western Europe as well.

I certainly like the pictures the lens produces. The kit with Miranda equipped with a waist-level finder makes you a very slow photographer since it's difficult to focus with such a small matte-screen inside the finder. And you almost always have to use the loupe for focusing. It takes a while to get used to, but once you're on a roll (no pun intended) the process goes smoothly.






I got my daughter's much played with Buzz from this guy!
Visit my Etsy shop for great SLR cameras!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Colouring coarse

Färgläggning pågår. Colouring in progress.

Feature Future Friend

De här kamerorna kommer att läggas ut till försäljning på getOurBooks senare i år. These are some of the cameras that will be for sale at my getOurBooks Etsy site later in the year.

Great Grey

Till vänster är min flitigt använda Olympus XA - en kompakt kamera med slutarautomatik men med manuell bländare och skärpeinställning. Till höger är en raritet - en XA2 i begränsad upplaga från mitten av 80-talet. / The XA2 on the right is a collector's dream. It's a limited edition auto-exposure camera with great lens and exposure.