Skip to main content

Halinar Halos - Crap Lens Lends Charm



I modded the Halinar Anastigmat lens for use on M39 mount (read here). The lens is super bad in several ways.

1. It focuses from 0,5 meters to 1,7 meters.

2. There is only an open aperture at f/2,8

3. There is only focus within a circle in the middle.





More bad things:

4. The out of focus bits are wild. It's as if the lens glass is full of bubbles (which it is not).

5. There is very swirly bokeh. See below.



All these bad things are good things! They add character to the photographs. One of my favourite photos was made with a lens mounted on a cheap speed booster. There was circling/swirly bokeh in the out of focus background though I used a first class (standard) Nikon lens. That was due to the cheap 'booster' lens. But the photo has great character due in part to the 'circling' shapes.

More Halinar photos:



The first snow on the windscreen.



A child who loves Halloween but not the scary bits.



A craftsman making sheep skin slippers.





The new winter coat.


Thanks for reading this post! Don't hesitate to comment or check out my Instagram at #ourbooksmalmo. Visit my Etsy shop getOurBooks where there are cameras and photography equipment aplenty to choose from.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Colouring coarse

Färgläggning pågår. Colouring in progress.

Feature Future Friend

De här kamerorna kommer att läggas ut till försäljning på getOurBooks senare i år. These are some of the cameras that will be for sale at my getOurBooks Etsy site later in the year.

Digi Bewe Oh

I really like the look of the b&w pictures that I get out of the Samsung NV7 digital camera. I only use it for black & white photography since the colour pictures are very bleak. At least when compared to the ones that I get with my Fujifilm cameras. And the grains really evoke the impression of black & white film. A friend of mine documents solitary bees making homes behind this plexi glass screen. No digital tweaking was made apart from the flying bee picture. These pictures are straight out of the camera.