Skip to main content

Picture These

For photographers it's always a common topic to discuss what camera(s) people use and why. Here's my current gear, and why.

These are my preferred cameras at the moment. Mostly because they represent distinct lenses and therefore purposes. Clockwise from top left: The Canon FX has a wide-angle 35 mm lens. I'll bring it to the Easter and spring markets to photograph people in their element. The compact Minolta Hi-Matic C is for family outings with its 40 mm lens. Canon's Demi C sports a 50 mm lens, but since it is a half-frame camera its framing is narrower so is comparatively like a 70 mm full format 35 mm camera lens. This one's also great for street photos, as well as a nice portrait lens. My newly aquired Fed 2 awaits its Leica m 39 mount 50 mm Canon lens which will be serviced in the coming week.

This is my Leica: An electronic distance meter for cameras without rangefinder focusing.

My films of choice presently.

This is also a new purchase. This Fujifilm X-Pro 1 awaits the Pentax K-mount adapter.
This has been the digital work-horse for eight years or so. A trusted companion for the family in all kinds of situations. Most of that work will be taken over by the X-Pro with my K-mount lenses.
In a later post I will relay my preferred drawing "companions".

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Colouring coarse

Färgläggning pågår. Colouring in progress.

Feature Future Friend

De här kamerorna kommer att läggas ut till försäljning på getOurBooks senare i år. These are some of the cameras that will be for sale at my getOurBooks Etsy site later in the year.

Digi Bewe Oh

I really like the look of the b&w pictures that I get out of the Samsung NV7 digital camera. I only use it for black & white photography since the colour pictures are very bleak. At least when compared to the ones that I get with my Fujifilm cameras. And the grains really evoke the impression of black & white film. A friend of mine documents solitary bees making homes behind this plexi glass screen. No digital tweaking was made apart from the flying bee picture. These pictures are straight out of the camera.