Skip to main content

Photographic Time Capsule

My girlfriend bought a second hand book with wonderful photographs. It was issued in 1934 with the ambition to show a wide spectrum of Swedish culture and geography. It is a true time capsule and includes the work of many talented photographers - none of them credited in the book.
The photographs were compiled and commissioned by Anders Billow, a designer and editor at several renowned publishers and institutions in mid-century Sweden.
For the purpose the photographs are chosen to be descriptive. But many of the choices are surprisingly - if not personal - small scale emotional. I wouldn't expect that in a collection like this. That is what makes this book stand out as an important document.

Welcome to my Instagrams: #ourbooksmalmo #getourart
and the Etsy shop getOurBooks filled with old cameras and their accessories.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Colouring coarse

Färgläggning pågår. Colouring in progress.

Feature Future Friend

De här kamerorna kommer att läggas ut till försäljning på getOurBooks senare i år. These are some of the cameras that will be for sale at my getOurBooks Etsy site later in the year.

Digi Bewe Oh

I really like the look of the b&w pictures that I get out of the Samsung NV7 digital camera. I only use it for black & white photography since the colour pictures are very bleak. At least when compared to the ones that I get with my Fujifilm cameras. And the grains really evoke the impression of black & white film. A friend of mine documents solitary bees making homes behind this plexi glass screen. No digital tweaking was made apart from the flying bee picture. These pictures are straight out of the camera.