I am really struggling with Cinestill's films.
I've tried the 50 ASA and now the 800T. The 50 I didn't manage to scan and edit to anything resembling good pictures. And today I got paper copies with the developed 800T film which are so bad. I did some heavy editing of my phone photos of the copies in the Google Photos app but don't think much of the result. [Update: I did a scan using my digital camera. Several of the photos you see in the article after the update are heavily edited in Google Photos, Negative Image and Snapseed.]
The copies I got from the lab were not even close to what I expected since I did have a conversation with the lab technician on the phone.
I used my Olympus 35 RC with a yellow [no, orange] filter to compensate for the tungsten film. But it turned out massively yellow tinted in all but two exposures. What did I do wrong I ask myself?
I exposed for the highlights in most exposures. I think that's where the lab got it wrong when making the paper copies, even though I told them about it.
This is the only pictureI didn't have to edit much. And it did turn out quite as I intended when I exposed it. [Update: I have now edited it to remove too much yellow tint. It was very difficult to retain the colours, as on all the pictures. It was scanned with the camera.]
This exposure will be the first I scan and edit on my computer because this print is far from what I exposed for.
[Update: The conclusion I've made concerning the way this film turned out is that the Swedish summer evenings have a markedly orange tinted light which makes using the orange filter with tungsten film not necessary. The filter is only to be used in broad daylight.]
Thanks for reading this post! Don't hesitate to comment or check out my Instagram at #ourbooksmalmo. Visit my Etsy shop getOurBooks where there are cameras aplenty to choose from.