Skip to main content

More Adventures in Large Format - 'Instant' Paper Process on 9x12 Paper

Now that I've worked out a routine exposing on photo paper and paper positives I feel I have reached my intent of making cheap almost-instant photography.

I can now - when conditions are good - expose & develop + scan a 9x12 paper photograph within 25 minutes. In theory I could print it - i e hold a finished photograph in my hand - within that time (if I had a printer). I think that's rather 'instant'!

The costs involved, per photograph, are as approximated:

almost nothing for 7x11,5 cm very expired photo paper bought in several packs of 100, or €0,3 apiece for 9x12 cm Harman Positive Paper cut into size

almost nothing for developer (rosemary tea or instant coffee base with vitamin C and washing soda)

almost nothing per negative for fixer (Ilford)

Total cost: Almost Nothing.

Of course there is the cost of the scanning equipment if you want decent photos to edit. There are free apps like Filmlab which will reverse your negative photos, so you can see them in positive, though the app is not a good scanning option.

Or, of course, alternative processes like contact printing etc. 


Check out more photos on my instagram ourbooksmalmo, or cameras etc. in my Etsy shop getOurBooks.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Colouring coarse

Färgläggning pågår. Colouring in progress.

Feature Future Friend

De här kamerorna kommer att läggas ut till försäljning på getOurBooks senare i år. These are some of the cameras that will be for sale at my getOurBooks Etsy site later in the year.

Digi Bewe Oh

I really like the look of the b&w pictures that I get out of the Samsung NV7 digital camera. I only use it for black & white photography since the colour pictures are very bleak. At least when compared to the ones that I get with my Fujifilm cameras. And the grains really evoke the impression of black & white film. A friend of mine documents solitary bees making homes behind this plexi glass screen. No digital tweaking was made apart from the flying bee picture. These pictures are straight out of the camera.