Skip to main content

Barmy Marmy

Some time ago I made a post about modding yet another lens from a defective compact camera to fit my Olympus Pen F (here). The lens in question was from a Zeiss Ikon Voigtländer Vitessa 500 AE Electronic and had the following specifications: Voigtländer Color Lanthar 42mm 1:2.8.
  I've now - with the efficient service of the people at Pixelgrain in Berlin - had the first film developed and scanned. I am very pleased with the resulting photographs. Some of the praise is due to the great scans - compared to the results I get from my own moody scanner. But the lens is also a real performer!


 These photos are made with the half-frame Olympus Pen F, so the Color Lanthar, which is almost a wide angle lens at 42mm on a full frame camera, shows an image equivalent to a 63mm lens. The last pair of photos was taken on a very (common) overcast in mid-winter. The two above that are from a sunny day in the autumn.
The above and following photos show the great variety of lighting situations that a normal everyday use of the lens can expose it to. And in my opinion the lens is simply great every time. (All the scans were tweaked slightly in post for higher contrast.)

The lens was a bit difficult to focus at first. The focus throw is very short, so takes some time to get used to.
  

One question... Is taking pictures with this lens Lomography?

Welcome to my Instagrams: #flashknappen #ourbooksmalmo #getourart
and the Etsy shop getOurBooks filled with old cameras and their accessories.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Colouring coarse

Färgläggning pågår. Colouring in progress.

Feature Future Friend

De här kamerorna kommer att läggas ut till försäljning på getOurBooks senare i år. These are some of the cameras that will be for sale at my getOurBooks Etsy site later in the year.

Digi Bewe Oh

I really like the look of the b&w pictures that I get out of the Samsung NV7 digital camera. I only use it for black & white photography since the colour pictures are very bleak. At least when compared to the ones that I get with my Fujifilm cameras. And the grains really evoke the impression of black & white film. A friend of mine documents solitary bees making homes behind this plexi glass screen. No digital tweaking was made apart from the flying bee picture. These pictures are straight out of the camera.