Skip to main content

A Documentary Gem from 1975 - Migrant Workers Captured by Jean Mohr's Camera

In the decades following the Second World War the European countries screamed for workers, a situation which in many aspects is similar to today, although quadrupled and spread all over the world. A seventh man is a documentation of the life and circumstances of workers in migration, in Europe, in words and photographs by John Berger and Jean Mohr, respectively.

This book is a collaborative effort by the authors with the intention of analyzing and displaying the problematic ways in which the migrant workers spend their time and energy, while displaced in a foreign culture. Although the book was published 46 years ago, much of the problems that are highlighted have not been solved.

I have to mention Mike Davies' Planet of Slums if you're interested in (more contemporary aspects of) the subject at hand. Or, by all means, read any newspaper.
 

Visit my Etsy shop for cameras and related stuff, the facebook group on modding lenses and cameras or my Instagram account ourbooksmalmo.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Colouring coarse

Färgläggning pågår. Colouring in progress.

Feature Future Friend

De här kamerorna kommer att läggas ut till försäljning på getOurBooks senare i år. These are some of the cameras that will be for sale at my getOurBooks Etsy site later in the year.

Digi Bewe Oh

I really like the look of the b&w pictures that I get out of the Samsung NV7 digital camera. I only use it for black & white photography since the colour pictures are very bleak. At least when compared to the ones that I get with my Fujifilm cameras. And the grains really evoke the impression of black & white film. A friend of mine documents solitary bees making homes behind this plexi glass screen. No digital tweaking was made apart from the flying bee picture. These pictures are straight out of the camera.